Plastic Line Tie
- Suitable for use with any plastic covered conducton such as Tree Wire of Spacer Cable
- Two versions available: Standard “PVC” and “Semi-Con” for higher voltage applications
- Plastic Ties are offered in two versions: Standard ”PVC” and “Semi-Con” for higher voltage applications.
- PVC Plastic Ties are made from grey polyvinyl chloride. This material was selected for “standard” applications because of its UV resistance, tensile strength, impact strength, flexural strength, low moisture absorption and self-extinguishing properties.
- Semi-Con Plastic Ties are made from a base of clear PVC (with similar mechanical properties of the PVC Plastic Ties) with a proprietary black co-extruded outer covering selected for its superior electrical tracking resistance properties. Use of this co-extruded material allows application on higher voltages and/or more stressful electrical environments than with the standard PVC Plastic Ties.
- Electrical performance of any tie for covered conductors made from plastic materials (or metal) is dependent upon a number of factors, such as the line voltage, insulator style, the BIL of the line/pole, atmospheric contamination levels, type and condition of the covered conductor, etc.
- The design of the insulator being used may particularly affect the electric stress environment of an installation. For example field experience suggests multi skirt porcelain insulators may provide a less stressful electrical environment than similarly rated voltage single skirt porcelain insulators, and thus offer a greater electrical “safety margin”. Multi skirt polymer insulators may also provide a less electrically stressful environment due to larger leakage distances vs. porcelain insulators, and the similar dielectric characteristics of the materials used to make polymer insulators, the plastic conductor jacket, and a Plastic Tie.
- Because of the complex, interwoven nature of these factors, it is difficult to make absolute voltage application recommendations for Plastic Ties on covered conductors. However as a general policy, we suggests the following operating line voltage applications may be suitable:
“Standard” PVC Plastic Ties: 13kV or below.
“Semi-Con” Plastic Ties: Up to 30-35kV
Testing has shown Plastic Line Ties and Plastic Side Ties will develop unbalanced and lift-off loads equivalent to, or in excess of, a hand tie over jacketed conductor.
Single top distribution PVC cable
Double Top Distribution PVC Tie Line
II Product characteristics
1)The arc’s product section, the end of the arc angle treatment, highly elasticPVC material, has better protection for the wire in continuous micro-vibration.
2) The product has excellent insulation performance, eliminating the use ofmetal wire in the lightning strike accident on the wire Bums
3)Good tensile, bending strength, low hygroscopic and self-extinguishing.
4) Product structure science, convenient installation. Construction on site canbe completed by a person’s bare hands without the need for special tools
5)Installation quality is easy to guarantee, consistency is strong. The productcan be inspected with the naked eye after installation
6)The line is well adapted, with a line angle of 30-60 and a double topdistribution cable